home about us the college Amenities academics courses admission result contact us  
principal's desk
College History
The University
Research Facility
Our Departments
Our Teachers
3rd Class Employee
4th class Employee
Notice Board
Photo Gallery
Calendar
 
The college has been founded by Late Shree Kanhaiya Lal Agrawal Ji and Late Shree Basant Lal Agrawal Ji. They were the top most businessmen of the district Mirzapur. In their honor the college is named as Kanhaiyalal Basantlal Postgraduate College (KBPGC).
 
Affiliation
From its very inception date, the college was affiliated to Agra University, Agra (1957-1959). With the establishment of Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur the college in the year 1959 was affiliated to Gorakhpur University. After 1988 the college once again was affiliated to V. B. S. Purvanchal University, Jaunpur. Last year in July 2009 the affiliation of college again changes to Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith University, Varanasi.
 

Management/Authorized Controller

It was in the year 1985 the State government dissolved the management as per the clause 58 of state university act 1973 and since then the college has been under control of various authorized controllers/administrative officers Mirzapur district. Now it is under control of Regional Director of Higher Education, Gandhi Nagar, Sigra, Varanasi from 2009.
 
The University

Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith owes its birth to the educational, cultural & political aspiration of pre-independence India. The early period of this institution pulsated with the National freedom struggle. The teaching faculty of this institution provided original dimensions to the concept and movement of Indian Socialism. Established in the pre-independence era with the resolution to keep the institution away from government recognition and grants the Vidyapith was accorded the status of "Deemed University" by the U.G.C. in the year 1963. This epoch making event started a new chapter in the history of the institution. Babu Sampurnanand was appointed as the Chancellor and Acharya Birbal Singh as Vice-chancellor. As the chief minister of U.P., Pt. Kamlapati Tripathi initiated a state government resolution to make his alma mater a statutory university. On 15th January 1974, his ambition fructified. At this point of time, Prof. Raghukul Tilak was the Vice-chancellor & the Governor of U.P became the Chancellor in accordance with the U. P. University Act. The University enjoys the privilege of being accredited B+ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. At present the M. G. Kashi Vidyapith is flourishing under the able leadership of Vice-chancellor, Prof. Avadh Ram.

 

Status on UGC’s Site

click here for details ...
 
 
 
powered by:
Copyright © 2010, All rights are reserved by